President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. has received the report of the Independent Commission for Infrastructure (ICI) and is currently reviewing it, Malacañang announced on Wednesday.
Communications Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro said the President is going through the findings of the ICI, a body he created to investigate alleged irregularities in flood control and other public works projects.
“Inaaral pa po hanggang sa ngayon – medyo makapal po ang report na ibinigay,” Castro said during a Palace briefing on February 18.
“Pero most probably, maibibigay po kaagad namin kung ano ang mangyayari po; at kung magtutuluy-tuloy po ang ICI, ibibigay din po namin ang estado nila,” she added.
According to Castro, the President’s review of the report will determine the next course of action for the commission.
Earlier this month, Malacañang said the future of the ICI would depend on its own decision — whether to expand its membership, seek additional assistance from the administration, or conclude its investigation.
Castro previously noted on February 3 that Marcos would listen to whatever direction the commission decides to take. If the ICI — which currently has only one remaining commissioner — opts to continue its mandate, it may formally inform the President and will receive support from the administration.
The ICI was created through Executive Order No. 94, establishing it as a fact-finding body tasked with investigating corruption and irregularities in flood control and other infrastructure projects.
Under the executive order, the commission is required to submit monthly reports to the Office of the President through the Executive Secretary and to publicly disclose its accomplishments.
It will be dissolved upon completion of its mandate, unless the President decides otherwise.
