VP SARA LABELS JAPAN TRAVEL REPORTS INACCURATE AND RAISES SECURITY CONCERNS

​Vice President Sara Duterte dismissed recent media coverage regarding an alleged visit to Japan as incorrect, clarifying that her itinerary had been modified and that revised documentation had been officially sent to the Office of the President.

​In a official statement released on Tuesday, August 18, Duterte clarified that news stories circulating about her travel schedule no longer matched her current plans.

​“My plans have since changed, and the updated information on this matter was formally submitted to the Office of the President,” Duterte said.

​Addressing members of the press, the Vice President urged news outlets to perform due diligence before disseminating reports about her itinerary and movements.

​“I once again remind media organizations and news outlets of the importance of verifying information before publication,” Duterte said.

​She emphasized that chasing headlines or inflating stories should never supersede the duty to deliver truthful coverage.

​“The rush to generate public attention or sensationalize a story should never take precedence over the responsibility to report truthfully and accurately,” Duterte said.

​Duterte cautioned that distributing unchecked details runs counter to basic journalistic standards.

​“Such practices are inconsistent with the principles of responsible journalism,” Duterte said.

​She pointed out that press organizations could have easily confirmed the details directly with her office prior to release.

​“A simple verification with the Office of the Vice President would have been the rule of thumb for professional media organizations,” she said.

​Additionally, the Vice President expressed strong misgivings over the public leaking of her travel schedule, warning that exposing her whereabouts poses direct risks to her safety.

​Calling on Malacañang to handle the issue with utmost gravity, Duterte stressed the potential dangers of publicizing her movements.

​“I wish to again remind the Office of the President that the continued publication or disclosure of my schedule is a matter of serious concern, particularly as it compromises my personal security and exposes me to heightened risks,” Duterte said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *