Malacañang on Monday said the Philippine government will comply with its commitments to the International Criminal Police Organization (Interpol) should the International Criminal Court (ICC) issue arrest warrants against former President Rodrigo Duterte’s alleged co-perpetrators in crimes against humanity.
Communications Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro recalled the government’s cooperation with Interpol during Duterte’s arrest in March 2025.
“’Yun po ang nangyari before at ’yan din po ang mangyayari ngayon,” she said.
Castro stressed that the administration will not interfere with ICC proceedings.
“Kung ito naman ay legal process na nanggagaling po sa ICC, hindi naman po natin ito pwedeng pakialaman dahil ang kasong ’yan ay naisampa noon pa, 2017, at hindi pa po Pangulo si Pangulong Marcos Jr. Kung dadaan sa proseso, ’yun naman po ang nais ng pamahalaang ito, ang ginagawa ng pamahalaang ito ay dumadaan lahat sa proseso,” she explained.
The ICC’s Document Containing the Charges (DCC) named several officials as co-perpetrators in a “common plan” to neutralize alleged criminals through violent means, including:
- Senator Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa
- Vicente Danao
- Camilo Cascolan (deceased)
- Oscar Albayalde
- Senator Bong Go
- Dante Gierran
- Isidro Lapeña
- Vitaliano Aguirre II
- Other PNP and high-ranking officials
So far, no arrest warrants have been issued.
The DCC also listed charges against Duterte, including:
- Count 1: Murders in or around Davao City during his mayoral period by the DDS
- Count 2: Murders of high-value targets during his presidential term
- Count 3: Murders and attempted murders in barangay clearance operations during his presidency
Castro urged supporters of the Duterte camp not to panic over the development.
President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. previously defended Duterte’s arrest in 2025, saying it was done “because Interpol asked us to do it and we have commitments,” and that “every single necessary procedure” was followed.
