ROMUALDEZ LIKELY WITHDRAWS FROM SENATE BLUE RIBBON TESTIMONY

Former House Speaker and Leyte 1st District Representative Ferdinand Martin Romualdez is reportedly no longer set to appear before the Senate Blue Ribbon Committee on Friday, according to Senator Imee Marcos.

Marcos, Romualdez’s cousin, said the Leyte lawmaker may have withdrawn or felt “embarrassed” about testifying in the antigraft investigation on lawmakers and associates linked to anomalous flood control projects.

“‘Yung 17 congressman na lang ang hahatakin, hindi na star witness ang aking pinsan. ‘Yun ata ‘yung original plan eh. Nagbago ata ng isip, nahiya rin sa sarili,” Marcos told reporters.

The senator added that Romualdez was initially considered as a state witness or for inclusion in the Witness Protection Program (WPP).

“Pwede ba naman ‘yun? Niloloko na tayo ng lubos-lubusan. But that was the original plan — that’s not what’s going to happen,” she said.

Previously, resigned Marine Sgt. Orly Guteza testified about personally delivering cash-filled suitcases to the homes of Romualdez and former Ako Bicol Partylist Representative Zaldy Co.

Romualdez has denied these allegations, though Ombudsman Jesus Crispin “Boying” Remulla noted he could still be held accountable for Co’s alleged kickback scheme.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *