SINGSON DENIES YACHT ESCAPE PLOT FOR BATO DELA ROSA

​Former Ilocos Sur Governor Luis “Chavit” Singson firmly denied allegations on Monday that his luxury vessel was utilized to help Senator Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa escape Manila, following last week’s chaotic standoff and gunfire incident at the Senate building.

​Singson’s statement comes in response to claims made by veteran columnist Ramon Tulfo, who alleged that Dela Rosa boarded a yacht at the Manila Yacht Club to reach Batangas before fleeing to Mindanao via helicopter.

​The former governor dismissed the narrative entirely, urging investigators to verify the vessel’s movements.

​“Hindi totoo yan. Unang una, they can easily check sa Yacht Club kung umalis yung yacht ko,” Singson said in a television interview.

(“That is not true. First of all, they can easily check with the Yacht Club if my yacht left.”)

​Tulfo had earlier pointed out that the vessel allegedly used in the escape bore the English translation of “Masarap na Buhay,” a phrase deeply associated with Singson’s multimillion-peso yacht and his widespread philanthropic initiatives. Singson clarified the branding of his assets, refuting any connection to a covert flight from justice.

​“It’s called ‘Happy Life’ dahil lahat ng portable kitchens ko, portable hospitals, ‘Happy Life’ lahat ang pangalan. Yan yung brand ko sa pagtulong ko sa mga tao,” he explained.

(“It’s called ‘Happy Life’ because all my portable kitchens, portable hospitals, they are all named ‘Happy Life.’ That is my brand for helping people.”)

​Singson also criticized the logistics of the alleged escape route, calling the flight itinerary from Batangas to Davao technically impossible for standard aircraft.

​“Gawa-gawa. Imposible mga sinabi niya… Imposible dahil hindi umalis ang yate ko. Yung helicopter hindi pwedeng gamitin ganon kalayo,” he said.

(“Fabricated. What he said is impossible… Impossible because my yacht never left. A helicopter cannot be used to travel that far.”)

​The political kingpin suggested that the rumors were a calculated attempt to drag his name into the controversy, revealing that he had received tips regarding a potential police raid on his residence. He further clarified that he has had no recent personal dealings with the embattled lawmaker.

​“Taon na… hindi kami nagkikita,” Singson said, noting that his only recent interactions with senators involved routine thank-you messages for meals distributed by his “Happy Life” food trucks.

(“It’s been years… we haven’t seen each other.”)

​Dela Rosa is currently wanted as a co-conspirator in the crimes against humanity case before the International Criminal Court (ICC), linked to the deadly anti-drug campaign of former President Rodrigo Duterte, who is already under ICC custody.

​After months in hiding, Dela Rosa reappeared at the Senate on May 11 to back the leadership shakeup that installed Senator Alan Peter Cayetano as Senate President. The former police chief later barricaded himself inside the complex when National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) agents arrived to serve the international warrant, triggering a controversial shooting incident inside the building. Authorities report that Dela Rosa managed to slip out of the premises hours later, allegedly accompanied by Senator Robin Padilla.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *